View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #10
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
Oh, crap, I can't believe it's been that long since I came on this site! I totally missed this. I hope you had a good time here.

We had a blast!!

My wife fell in love w/ the city.

Stayed on Royal St. (Monteleone), did all the obligatory stops: Central Grocery for Muffeletta, Antoines, Commander's, Polo Club Lounge, Snug Harbor, Bombay Club, Court of the two Sisters, Creole Creamery, Cafe du Monde, Port of Call, Pascal's Manale. Our 2 best meals were at Pascal's and the Louisiana Bistro on Dauphine St. where you order a 3-course meal and the chef makes it up, bringing each course to your table. Also found a good Sushi place next to the House of Blues. We had breakfast on the last day the Bluebird was open - a NOLA institutions for 40 yrs.

It was a bad week for music because everyone was laying low after the JazzFest, but we saw Charmaine Neville and her band at Snug Harbor and it was a really good show. Also had a fun nite at Snake & Jakes Christmas Club Lounge, even though practically everyone in the place was 25 yrs. younger than us. Went to a dive club on Frenchmans St. where the couple just re-opened after having been closed for 2 mos. caused they couldn't make rent - they had just gotten their liquor license that day, but too late to order from the distributors, so we drank retail liquor, but they were a great couple and hopefully will make it.

Rode the streetcar out to Tulane where my wife interviewed an upcoming graduate as a prospective assistant, whom she did later hire. Because of interupting our vacation, the owners of my wife's company paid to have us stay an extra 2 nights -airfare and hotel!

For my B'day, my wife had a custom Panama made for me at a shop on Royal St. - have received compliments everytime I've worn it since.

The city had not changed as much as I had thought which to me is a good thing and I'm certain we'll be returning, if even for a long weekend within the next year, schedules permitting.

Thanks to those who gave us some very good recommendations!

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 06-19-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote