View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
mts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCGuy
I currently have a MY08 S2000. The shifter is perfect, build quality is perfect, ergonomics perfect, and I have no doubt it will go a couple of hundred thousand miles without needing a single repair. But I've had it 8 months and am going to switch to a Boxster S. The first 3-4 months it was a blast to drive...but the high revving, raw nature wore on me. Driving on the interstate even for 30mins sucks. The engine note is not beautiful---one might say harsh at high RPMs. And the S2000 does have a dark side as any owner will tell you. I lost the back end suddenly once in a decreasing radius turn that blew all my confidence in the car--stability control just barely saved my butt. it was not fun. It did not break progressively---was sudden (snap oversteer). Beware of pre-stability control (VSA) models since it's up to your fantastic driving skills (or a tree) to keep you from going over a cliff. The car was made to enjoy on a track, not mountain twisties. and buy lots of ear plugs.
I agree with this post. I had a 2005 S2000 and got rid of it for a 2004 Boxster S and could not be more pleased. Don't get me wrong I thought the S2000 was a fantastic car though I can honestly say I wouldn't own one again with out VSA (MY 2006-on).

The Boxster S is just a different experience for me and I really enjoy it a lot more than the S2000, especially for mostly street driving.

All that being said, and even though I've not had 1 minute of problems with my Porsche, I am well aware of the fact that there will be more repairs needed to the Boxster S than the S2000 probably 95 times out of 100. Along with that, they will be more costly when they are needed.

I'm lucky enough to have the ability to cover those higher costs if they happen. However, if I had any real concerns in that area I would get the S2000.
2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)
mts is offline   Reply With Quote