Thread: Porsche RTS
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 06:32 AM   #5
Shortbus

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus Send a message via MSN to Shortbus Send a message via Yahoo to Shortbus
hi guys thanks for the comments. The RTS alone (as can be seen in my 1st 2 pics) lists at almost 900 bucks. Then you need to get the Porsche bike carrier, in my case lists at around 200 something... Or kayak carrier etc. This is because the RTS has a proprietary mounting system for bike/cayak/etc holders. I found this out AFTER i ordered my RTS and had to order the Porsche bike carrier instead of a Thule i was planning to... The prices I gave are list price, or what your (my) dealer would ask for one. I didn't buy mine from the dealer. Call SUNSET Porsche and get the hook up. I can not say enough good things about SUNSET Porsche. I got all of my setup including shipping from the West Coast to the East Coast for around 720 bucks. It's worth every penny for me, like you said my biking days were almost over since i got my Boxster until i decided to shell out the $ for an RTS. They are very solid.

The cross bars do unscrew from the arches (and kind of needs to be done to mount/unmount the whole thing) but even with that done you can't operate the top with the arches as they litterally hug the roof. You need to take it off to get the top up and down. I noticed mountin a bike with the top down = TONS of mud in your car. Bad idea

Last edited by Shortbus; 05-06-2005 at 06:36 AM.
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote