View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #5
Tool Pants

You have a point and I did not mention it because most new owners of the red clip think that as soon as they push the lock button on the remote the interior motion detector is on. But there is a delay and if you waive your hand during that delay then it will never turn on.

Some people put the red clip upside down, and that could be another reason for it not to work.

The motion detector is IR based. Years ago someone used night vision googles and took a picture of the beams. I wish I had saved the picture. As I remember the focus was to the middle interior.

The other thing to keep in mind that if you waive your hand inside after the detector is in fact set then there is a delay before the alarm horn will start beeping. It is not instantaneous. I have seen people waive their hand and if they do not immediately set off the alarm they push the alarm button and turn the system off. I have never timed this additional dealy. When I buy stuff from Safeway I reach over and put the bags on the passenger seat, then walk to the other side of the car fishing for the key in my pocket to turn off the alarm. If I am too slow then the alarm goes off before I can push the putton to unlock the car
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote