View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Johnny Danger

Garage
Techart Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostasCLK
Hello I have been reading this forum for about 3 years now since I got my base boxster 2001 tiptronic model and I have to say it has been very informative although I have not been posting much or at all. Now I really need some help with a problem. I bought some wheels TECHART formula 18" very cheap from a neighbour but they are 911 offset 18X10.5 et 60 rear. I know they do not fit (rears hit the strut- fronts are fine). Is putting rear spacers OK and what width is best or should I not bother? Car is not lowered and used only as weekend toy. Thanks.
Your choice of wheels is a recipe for disaster ! At a minimum, you will have to run a 7mm spacer just to move the Techart wheel out enough to be in the same position as your stock set-up. However, you will lose approximately 12mm of clearance toward the strut. No matter how you choose to manipulate the off-set of those wheels with spacers, you are destine to have clearance problems either with the fender lip or strut. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for those wheels ?

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 06-08-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote