View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 08:03 AM   #7
PAH

The car was purchased from an official Porsche dealership, so I thought I would be safe. However, my Dad owns an accident investigation company, so we got one of his engineers to take a look at the car to be double safe. He checked as much as he could, even using a machine to check the thickness of the paint (checking for accident damage). The car really was in top condition. These problems (ok, they are not too bad, more annoying than anything) have all occured since I bought it, with the exception of the clutch judder. I guess it's just unfortunate. At least everything (up to the clutch) has been covered by the warranty Porsche offer with used cars.

I still love my car though, and wouldn't consider getting rid - I just hope it doesn't cost me a fortune in the long-run.

As for RMS - it's really, really worrying me. From what I have heard, it's not the seal that is the problem, it something more serious (crankshaft) that causes it to fail. I'm just going to worry all the time now that the seal will fail again. I have no option but to extend the warranty when it expires, otherwise I'll be paying out big money, as it seem my car could be prone like so many others.

Even after an RMS failure, are Porsche not prepared to replace out-of-tolerance crankshafts? Do they just keep replacing the seals?

Cheers

Paul
PAH is offline   Reply With Quote