View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 06:58 AM   #5
RandallNeighbour

PAH, it is indeed a downer that you've had all these problems with your Boxster in such a short time. I have dumped $7,000 into my 1997 in less than a year, but my car had been trashed by three owners, had high mileage, and already had an engine replacement.

What I neglected to do was to have a very, very experienced mechanic look the car over before I bought it. Did you take your boxster off-site to a shop specializing in Porsche repair to have the car inspected?

They may have caught these things for you and you could have passed on this particular car or forced the sellers to repair all these things before you took possession.

I tell you what—these rampant RMS failures are just wrong. Porsche should have been forced to recall and fix all of the out-of-round crank shafts that produce the RMS failures, even if it meant losing money for the company and stockholders as well. Not owning up to such a stupid mistake is one sure way to lose customer loyalty, which is all Porsche has going for it these days.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote