View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #84
chrisdridley

160/158 Mph

I have had the RS 60 up to 160 on the speedo but the GPS only recorded 158 as the top speed.
That was all she had even though Porsche specs it out faster.
I am very fortunate that I have a place to do this type of driving. Close to where I live, there is a 7 mile section of road that runs around a small curvey mountain for 1.7 miles and then flattens out for 5 miles of the smoothest, straightest road I have ever seen.. There is a lake on both sides of the road with guardrails for the entire 5 mile section....no side roads, no possibility of an animal strike and NO OTHER TRAFFIC. The road is used by the TVA to access a hyydroelectric dam.
I usually make a run down at normal speed to check the road and look for any hazards. At the end of the 7 miles, I turn around and turn it loose.
I have been wringing cars and bikes out on this road for 30 years.....'79 Stage 3 Herb Adams Trans Am was my first real runner to my 2008 Boxster with many very fast cars in between and I can say without reservation that the Boxster handles at these speeds as well or better than anything I have ever driven.

Last edited by chrisdridley; 06-02-2009 at 04:36 PM.
chrisdridley is offline   Reply With Quote