Thread: Radio Problem
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
Tomikaze
Porschephile

Just happened to me this weekend. Not like it was hot up here in Maine though. I'm in the process of buying an 04' Boxster S with the Bose audio. Worked fine one minute. Next time I turned on the car (a few minutes later) NOTHING. Well, at least no sound. Radio appears to work fine. Checked all fuses and no issues there. Have not unplugged it yet. Will try that next. Anyone have any input as to what makes this happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarsha
I have had similar problems with the CDR-23 installed in my ’03. Usually on a hot day it goes to “protect” mode and I can’t do anything. Once or twice it has done the mute thing as you described. Once I get home, let it cool down and reset the alarm, it works fine. It also works if I remove the radio (the CDR-23 doesn’t have a face plate) unplug everything and plug it back up.

It seems to only be a warm weather issue for me. In the winter, it works fine. I make sure that whenever I park in the sun to put the sun screen in the windshield. This has helped reduce the number of times it flakes out.

I did talk to the dealer about it because my car is still under the CPO warranty. They wouldn’t diagnose it because I have a Sirius unit in the car and the computer had some kind of “unauthorized device” error code. I find it hard to believe that the FM signal that the Sirius unit broadcasts is at fault.