View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #41
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by attasvg
Great job!

I put one on my 99. Easy job - no adjustments, other than the play in the bolts. Had to lift the frame a little while tightening it.

I did have to change out the transmissions, control relay and re-wire though, since this is a 99, and that WAS a hassle. Very much worth it, though. Since I had to get a new relay I got a SmartTOP relay and the comfort of just hitting a button while driving in/out of my driveway, no more holding the button or having to chop the top, is fantastic! :dance:

I paid $2000 for the top w/frame, and the top actually has more wear marks than my 99 top though. Seems like you got a really good deal.

Atle
Hey thanks. Yes, I also had some minor adjustments needed for the 3 bolts on each side. There is quite a bit of play in the positioning of the bolts as you tighten them down. We first tightened the frame too forward, as the top latch hook would touch the windstop upon closing/opening the top, so we then loosened the bolts, pulled the frame backwards as much as it would go, and then retightened the bolts. No more issues.

The top I got didn't have any wear marks at all, so I got lucky there I guess. It's really neat that you got it to work with your 99.... I think you are the first to get that accomplished! Good for you. I just love the new glass top!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote