View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
Sammy

Well, the results are in... sort of...

The lowering springs did very little to changing the handling characteristics in terms of oversteer/understeer; however, it sure did add to the overall grip. It was an odd feeling as at no point during the autocross did I feel like I was pushing the car (very little slipping of the front or rear) but my times were fast. I won my class and got FTOD for all of the street prepared group (granted I don't remember seeing too many in this class but hey, I'll take it).

I'm anxious for the next autocross as I really want to push the cars limits and see what happens. I've got an adjustable front sway bar on order and 7mm spacers for the front simply because I'm a man and I can't leave it alone.

BTW-I did have 15mm spacers on the rear which was another reason I was shocked that I didn't push the front end more. Of course, over the years I've been able to adjust my driving style to help with the front end pushing.

BTW2-The only damping issue I found is on the street I do notice a slight underdamping when going over bumps. It isn't very noticeable but at some point in the future I may try the Bilsten sport shocks/struts.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote