View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
23109VC

is it possible to get a glass window and just have it sewn/retrofitted into the top of a 2000-2002 top? i would think not because my plastic window actually folds in half when the top goes down.... does the frame mechanism of the 03-04 top actually open/close differently such that the top just lays flat rather than get folded???

i would assume you can't just retrofit a glass window into where the plastic one is on a pre-03 top...

my rear window is still pretty good, but there is one small spot near the edge where I can see it discolored and starting to crack... it sucks b/c 99% of my window looks flawless/clear and this one darn spot is cracked. "Out damn spot!"

my top is relatively new - it was replaced by the dealer a few years ago under an extended warranty - too bad htey dind' tput in an 03-04 top and save me the timehassle... now I want to do this..

i can't tell you what a PITA it is to have to fold the window every time i want to drop the top. being able to just drop the top and no "chop" needed would be NICE
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote