View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #11
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
ahh a show car. That's the best kind to get. Lots of upgrades, zero track time.
I have this same car on my desk in Orange. It's a 1/18 model that came with a TechArt kit consisting of GT3 seats, TA wheels, aero, etc. Picked it up on Ebay for $50.

I might change the calipers back to red. For some reason to me they blend in more and I don't have to say deal with "are they ceramics?" questions.
Going back to stock suspension is definitely a good idea if raising the ride height doesn't cure the harshness. All that rattling and shaking is not good for a daily driver, things come loose, wear out quicker and I don't think it looks right on a GT.

I see a new set of wheels in your future....

Good observations... the stock 18" turbo wheels and turbo suspension are coming with the car, so I will certainly have the option to switch back to stock if I find the current setup unbearable. However, my daily driver for the last six years has been a fully race prepared car with race seat, harness, roll cage, suspension, etc. Just not having to crawl through the cage, sit in a highly bolstered seat that seems to keep shrinking over the years , and not having to put on a four point harness each time will probably be a real blessing to me. Heck AC and a stereo will be really nice too!!! I do live in warm California, so the roads are pretty decent around here (no frost heave). We'll see if the current setup can survive with more regular use than what it's seen in the past....

I had similar thoughts about the yellow calipers. I don't think the PO painted them to be a poser. I just think he preferred the color. He did have them professionally powder coated and later obtained some GT2 brakes that he also painted yellow but never installed. If the powder coating job is top notch, which I believe it is, I'll probably just leave it for now.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote