View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
Kirk

All good points about this car. Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm going to have my cake and eat it too. I've got my Box setup for the twisties and autocross - JRZ coilovers, GT3 front sway bar, soon a Tarett rear sway bar, end links, and front camber plates. Of course I have the lower stress bars too and no added extra weight. I'm going to keep my Box and enjoy it for years to come.

However............... I put a deposit down on an '03 C4S and will have the loan check from the bank tomorrow. I go to pick it up this weekend. Bad economy be damned. I'm not selling my house (so I don't care what it's depreciated too), I have no debt, and my job is relatively stable and good. I'm going to buy a C4S while the prices are so depressed. Yeah it won't be the Boxster, but that's not what I'm looking for. I want a more comfortable GT car for longer trips and maybe the daily grind. The one I picked has coilovers though, but I'm also getting the stock suspension with the car and may swap that back in if I need the ground clearance. I may also just adjust it to a better ride height if the TechArt coilovers aren't too harsh. I think my JRZ's aren't too bad and those are a full racing setup with remote reservoirs.

Here's a pic of what I'm getting....
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote