View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
Perfectlap

This close--a wisker-- from buying a guards red/tan C4S late summer in 2007 when the credit crisis was first starting to rear its head. This was to be my winter mobile or as my lady friend called it your "minivan". Mileage was low, all options were present, paint was perfect, Arizona car. But the dealer was holding firm on a final price despite there be very few visitors to his lot. I was arranging the PPI when my gut started telling "this car will be way cheaper in 12 months...bad time to buy". So I backed out the dealer called a few weeks later to tell me the car was still available. If the economy hadn't started falling fast at that point I would have pounded him on price and driven home in my new mini van. Had I pulled the trigger I would have missed out on buying the car for $12K in less in under a year. I doubt I would have put more than 5K miles on it in that time.
Now anybody can buy a C4$ even the pizza man drives one now.

as for the car itself I think its the nicest looking 911 ever in my opinion. The flared fenders and Turbo aero are pretty sweet. Too bad its not the GT1 dry sump like the TT. That would make it a no brainer.....Now as for the way the car drives, that really didn't blow me away. The added torque/hp is nice but its heavy and the understeer is too much for me to regard it as a nimble car. But its a GT so its supposed to be big, plush, kind of numb and disconnected like a TT. And of course you've got the whole pendulus cornering 911 thing...some people love that some people hate it, I don't dislike it enough to not buy a used one but I would definitely prefer a front or mid engine AWD.

For some reason everyone seems to order one as a cabriolet which really destroys the whole point for me. 911's Cabriolet's look like a bath tub with a big butt to me. It's a looker alright and at these prices it makes for a great year round car up here in the Northeast.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-28-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote