View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #27
Blue-S

My 2000 Boxster S is an evening/weekend car. I bought it after deciding that club racing (I had an SCCA Showroom Stock C car) is not the right hobby for my family at this time. I was able to convince my wife that selling the racecar and buying another sports car would be a good move. I have been a Porsche fan since I was a boy, and I have admired the Boxster since it was introduced. Thanks to the downtrodden economy, Boxsters are now surprisingly affordable. With some money in the bank and the sales proceeds from the racecar, I pulled the trigger on a nice (but not perfect) local Boxster. Once I get it set up the way it needs to be, I will probably take it to a few autocrosses and track days. Because that's what it's for.

Am i rich or poor? I'll put it this way: doing my own maintenence and repair is the only way the Boxster can fit my leisure budget. That's OK, because I enjoy working on the car. Would I buy a 911 if I could? Probably not. I have driven my step-father's 2003 Targa Tiptronic, and I like my Boxster S better. For one thing, the 911 engine is in the wrong place! There's a reason why the RS racecar, the 911 GT1 and Carrera GT are mid-engined. It's a shame that Porsche insists on limiting the Boxster and racing only the 911. With equal prep, the Boxster would be faster than a 911 with the same powertrain.

* 9x7 short shifter * Pedro's enthusiast mount * Carrera Ltw. wheels * Stebro bypass pipes
* M030 coming soon! *
Blue-S is offline   Reply With Quote