View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #23
mikefocke

I'm neither rich or poor

though by someone else's standards I could be either.

I buy used..2 prior owners for both my Boxsters. Maybe a life habit of buying good enough is why I can buy the car I want and be satisfied with one that is perhaps 90%, not really needing or wanting the last 10% because I'll never use it. I can buy a 500 HP car yet I found the 201 HP 99 Boxster more than adequate (and lots more than the 85 HP 914 I had owned 30+ years earlier).

I sampled about a dozen brands and models of roadsters in the weeks before buying my first Boxster. I knew I wanted the Boxster about a mile into my first drive. I bought the first one I drove. I didn't want nor drive any 911...even though that had been my introduction to the Porsche marque.

My 2 Boxsters have cost me ~$12 per month in unscheduled maintenance costs and I don't do all my work.

I enjoy the heck out of the car ...its practicality and its balance. It's got my golf clubs in it, been to the trash dump with a dozen bags (where, 8 years old it still draws admiring comments), been off for a week with luggage for 2, been to the track to watch the big boys play, and is the reason I take the long way for any errand my wife sends me on. And my granddaughter considers it a place to play with her dolls.

Enjoy your car..if you don't, sell it. It isn't worth not having fun.

Last edited by mikefocke; 04-22-2009 at 04:43 PM.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote