View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Lil bastard

Laissez le bon temps roullet!!! and all I wanted was a little Zaino...

My birthday is just around the corner and my wife has been dropping little hints on what I may need. Getting a little low on my shelf stock of zaino prods., I’ve been mentioning that this would be a nice gift.

Well tonight she bowled me over by handing me 2 first class airfares and a 7-night reservation for a suite at the Monteleone in New Orleans the 3rd week in May! Laissez le bon temps roullet!!! (let the good times roll).

The Big Easy, the Crescent City! One of my favorite places. I've been in and out of NO for most of my adult life. I first went to Mardi gras there at age 19 back in the '70's. I lived there for 6 mos. (on a generous expense account) in the mid-'80's setting up a regional sales office and worked several trade shows there in the ‘90’s. This will be my 1st trip back since Katrina.

My wife has never been, so most of our itinerary will be to hit the ‘must do’s’ – dinners at Antoine’s, Commanders Palace, jazz brunch at Court of the Two Sisters, oysters at Pascales Manale, breakfast at Café’ du Monde, and the Bluebird, clubbing on Magazine street, Hurricanes at Pat Obrien's, the Creole Creamery, Mardi gras museum. All places I’ve been and know well.

But, I’m wondering what new sites may have popped up post Katrina that are worth checking out. We’ll be mostly using cabs, though we will get a visitor’s pass for the RTA for unlimited access to the garden district, irish canal, touro, uptown, riverside, etc. Having lived there in the past, I know the area well so cross streets with your recommendations are welcome. Especially hope that LoveBunny will chime in. Thanks.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 04-17-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote