View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #20
fatmike

I am a satisfied Zaino user.

Here is a link to my thread with instructions and pictures:
http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13801

Definitely get a random orbit buffer. Brand doesn't really matter as long as its powerful and has variable speeds (including FAST). I actually use a BOSCH random orbit sander. Makes no difference.

The method described in this thread (dawn, clay, etc.) is correct. Again, details in my thread.

I recommend two products:

1 - Zaino ZPC is a "mild" polish. I have a few different buffer pads, and I generally apply it with a soft white finishing pad. That is usually more than enough to remove oxidation and hairline scratches. If you need more, you can use a firmer pad on the buffer. Z-PC is a great product. Amazing results. I strongly recommend you make this your go-to polish.

2 - Zaino offers various sealants that can be used together. I use BOTH the Z-2 and the Z-5. They offer different levels of "optical clarity". I use the accelerant which allows you to apply multiple coats in a day. I've done 10 in a weekend... The Z-5 has some "hiding" qualities that are useful as the first coat over the polish. The Z-2 is more "optically perfect", some folks like it as a finish coat -- especially on a dark colored car. I recommend it (see my pictures).

Also, if your paint is seriously messed up, you can go with a stronger polish. I also use Manzerna Intensive Polish (not a Zaino product). If you use it with a stronger buffing pad (say yellow), it will pretty much remove any scratch or defect.

If your shopping Zaino, do yourself a favor and get an extra bottle of Z-6. Z-6 is the quick detailer. I tend to go thru a lot of it for claying, and between coats. Its a great product and it smells great!

Finally, don't forget to buy the right tools (microfibre towels, wash mitt, etc.).

Its quicker and easier than you think to get great results. Post some pictures before & after!