View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
Banana S

Thumbs up

Zaino isn't exactly a gamble. It's a fantastic product. I've been using it on all of my cars since 2000. I highly recommend it.

Tips for using Zaino:
- As suggested with other methods, use Dawn and a claybar first, and take your time with that process. Then wash and dry the car again before applying the Zaino.

- Apply Zaino in direct sunlight, on a hot day when there is no humidity. (That whirring noise is the heads spinning on the traditional wax advocates.)

- Use VERY little product. I mean VERY little. Really. If you can actually SEE the product on the paint when you've applied it, you've used three times more than you should have, and it won't result in a better finish, it will just take longer to dry and will be more of a pain to remove.

- Apply a second coat of Zaino the following day, and always use the Gloss Enhancer spray after each coat. I have four coats of Zaino on my Boxster. The resulting finish is so smooth that when you run a clean towel across the paint, it just glides along like it's on Teflon.

Good luck, and be sure to post pics!
Banana S is offline   Reply With Quote