Thread: Air Compressor
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #20
Dave S.

If you are simply looking for a good small portable air compressor, I have one of these and they work great, and are good deal for the money:

http://www.thehorsepowershop.com/product.php?productid=1044620

I bought mine at Checker Autoparts and Pepboys also used to carry them. I wouldn't buy a compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket as most decent ones draw too many amps for the lighter socket and come with battery clips. Some guys on one of my Jeep lists tested this compressor against other portables that cost up to $350 and this one inflated a 35 inch tire faster than all of the competition. It has a reasonably good duty cycle, which is important if you have more than one tire to fill.

For my garage, I have a 6 HP Sears Craftsman Oil-less compressor with 25 gallon tank. It works well for most power tool applications and I've used it for some high volume work like blowing out the sprinkler system before winter. It is only marginal for that kind of high volume requirement duty. I've had it for over 15 years with no problems what so ever - but it is loud when it runs.

Dave S.

Last edited by Dave S.; 03-26-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote