View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #7
insite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Shiver
I've called 21st century and that's what they told me. He said that extra equipment is only covered up to $3,000. So, an automatic transmission on a Porsche is already more than $3,000 so that would be it.

For the people that are insured with farmers, do they actually ask you what options you have when you sign up for the insurance? Because if they really do cover all options, you must be paying a higher premium for every extra option on the car. So someone with a fully loaded Porsche and $10,000 in options, must pay more than someone with a standard trim Porsche.

What do you think?
i believe they mean aftermarket equipment, i.e. upgraded stereo, new wheels, performance parts, etc. i have USAA and they cover up to $1000 of additional stuff, HOWEVER, i can choose to have them cover more if i want them to.

this just means that if you're insured for a $30k car that you've put a $10k stereo in and the car gets nicked, you'll only be paid $33k less the deductible UNLESS you pay extra for them to cover the stereo equipment.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote