Old 03-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #12
heyjae

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUHRIUS
- pads - sounds like pagid is the way to go - what style
- brake fluid
- seats - safe and reasonably priced
- harness
- is that hardtop structural? or is it better to get a roll-bar extension such as the brey-krause?
- you guys using HANS?
Nice car. Are you sure you want to ruin it by taking it to the track

There are a lot of valid options for equipment. This is just what I use:

Pads - I use Pagid Black (the race version, RS14), but they are true track pads meaning they squeal loudly and need to be warmed up. Orange make less noise and need less warm up and are still very good. Lots of other options and opinions.

Brake fluid - I use ATE type 200/super blue. Another good choice is Motul. Motul is higher temp, but should be flushed more frequently.

Seats - I have Cobra Suzuka S, but I've seen lots of people with Sparco Evos. It's worth it to go to a retailer and to sit in them to see what fits you best. The Boxster is tight, so fitment might be an issue. Get one with a FIA label, not a cheap knock off.

Harnesses - I have one Sparco and one Schroth. Again, lots of good choices. Just be sure to get a 6 pt harness as there is no reason not to. Installing is actually easier since they use the lap belt bolts. Be sure they are dated.

Hardtop - I think I read the stock hardtop adds some structural rigidity, but I wouldn't count on it to protect you in a roll over. Get a BK rollbar extension. Used it's $300 or so. I had one before I installed my cage.

HANS - I don't have one, yet. Honestly, not many DE folks do. I plan on it though.