View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #1
BoxsterLewis

Talking I finally got to drive my 3.6L Boxster!!

Well long story short I blew my 3.2L about 4-5 months ago. Since then I bought a 3.6L to put in there and asked my Porsche specialty shop to do it. It has been pretty gruelling as they have never done it before and ran into some issues but finally yesterday I got to drive it with the MAF sensor unplugged. The car runs fine with it unplugged but with it plugged it misfires under 5K so they are still working that issue.
Anywho on to the driving expereince. As soon as i pulled out of the shop i noticed the massive torque increase on the lower RPMs!! It felt as fast from 3-4K then my old boxster did from 5-7K! so then i reach a open road and let it rip, and all i can say is this is well worth the wait and $$$!! It sounded like a freakin jet engine! So after goosing it in 1st and 2nd gear a few times and getting this huge smile on my face i had to return it He has said he has tried everything to fix it including new MAF, new sensors, checked ECU, etc and now he is going to check the O2 sensorsa nd if thats not it check Todd's re-wiring of the harness so hopefully i get it back soon. Gosh i sure do miss that thing especially with the weather being as nice as it has been.
Some notes on the engine; came from a 2004 Carrera C4S, and i think it has the X51 package (said on the reciept).
BoxsterLewis is offline   Reply With Quote