View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
germaniac

I appreciate the responses. As for the suspension, I will look into that...he has said he will work with me on the other parts.

As for the appreciation/depreciation, my little SC is a frankenporsche and it's true value will never be seen unless I take the 964 bumpers off and return it to stock. The original fuchs are long gone and replaced with black CUP II wheels, the seats are aftermarket. When it was on Fleabay, it had many a watcher but nay a taker ($yk was the highest bid)

My Boxster is somewhat of a project in itself as I have the zeintop on it, the carbon hood, the interior is like new as is virtually everything on the car -- except the motor -- 98k on a 2.5liter. It has been maintained well but to be honest, I didn't ever foresee ever selling the Boxster or 911 but I am moving to my home in ATL soon and only have enough room for 4 cars (the wife's being one of them)

Sadly, I thought it made sense to let the SC go to someone who could finish her up and enjoy her as opposed to it rotting in my garage.

I do value all comments and am guessing you guys are against the idea.

Just a parting thought - there is a great article about how Porsche factory driver and Lemans & Daytona champ Cort Wagner chose a Boxster as his daily car, dropped a x51 in it and said it was what Porsche should have done.

That got me thinking...
1981 911/C2 conversion
1988 BMW E30 M3 (henna)
2004 BMW 325

Past
1988 944 Turbo S
1998 BMW M3 Cabrio
germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote