Thread: Zeintop
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 04:26 AM   #14
Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by releese78
Chippy,

Why did you need a replacement top already?

I still haven't worked the "kinks" out of mine yet (adjustments). I don't know if the upper hatch hinges are offset more towards the driver's side or there is something I am missing in the 30+ hours I've spent trying to get it right.

For one reason or another, when everything else is aligned perfectly, there is a larger gap on the passenger side between the hatch and body (where the oem trunk used to be).

Further note, the gap seems to be still present towards the top of the Zeintop, and there is no way to correct this (only fore and aft adjustments on each side).

My other complaint, which I have emailed both Gramme and Kari about is that when the trunk lid is closed, the "wings" stick up more than the rest of the top and body. The top's previous owner had the same issues as far as I can see in his pictures. It doesn't look like yours has this problem, so it's probably corrected by now.
Basically the paintwork on mine is sh*gged. It's all bubbled on the hatch and a little on the roof.

Apart from being bl**dy annoying, I'll have to totally restart all the tweeking when the replacement arrives, which I'd just about got spot on before the bubbles appeared!

Have you got any pics of your problems? After the hours and hours I've spent buttholing around with mine, I might be able to offer up some sugggestions
Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote