Thread: Zeintop
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
releese78

Chippy,

Why did you need a replacement top already?

I still haven't worked the "kinks" out of mine yet (adjustments). I don't know if the upper hatch hinges are offset more towards the driver's side or there is something I am missing in the 30+ hours I've spent trying to get it right.

For one reason or another, when everything else is aligned perfectly, there is a larger gap on the passenger side between the hatch and body (where the oem trunk used to be).

Further note, the gap seems to be still present towards the top of the Zeintop, and there is no way to correct this (only fore and aft adjustments on each side).

My other complaint, which I have emailed both Gramme and Kari about is that when the trunk lid is closed, the "wings" stick up more than the rest of the top and body. The top's previous owner had the same issues as far as I can see in his pictures. It doesn't look like yours has this problem, so it's probably corrected by now.

**back on topic***

Overall, I am sure you will LOVE your Zeintop as much as I do. I never plan on removing it. Initial fitments are not complicated at all, working out fine details if you are a stickler is another story. As you've probably read, quality is about 8 out of 10, only downsides are a few cosmetic issues such as headliner, weatherstripping, etc. Most of these can be addressed yourself if you're handy. I would HIGHLY recommend this top to anybody. To say the least, it has changed my life!
releese78 is offline   Reply With Quote