View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #8
Bobiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk2
Controversy makes me skeptical. There so much back and forth on the subject, insanely well reasoned and technical on both sides.

My takeaway having read dozens of posts on the subject is, Porsche got it pretty well straight. The best dyno #'s I've heard of. with a complete induction/exhaust overhaul was about a 15% gain. Frankly, I don't think I would feel the difference, ...an $800+ disappointment.

Regards, PK
That "complete induction/exhaust overhaul" that you refer to could cost 2-4 times the $800. I think you would feel the difference, but you may have unfriendly lights on you dash board that aren't good, and trouble at the emmissions inspection. Plus, such a gain may feel good the first few days but then, you'd get complacent with it, because it's not a massive improvement.

I'm tending to agree with your first few sentences. And I've said before, perhaps non-S owners should consider trading up. I like my car, but if I could trade up to an S that's just as good, it would be well worth the $. And the S will command higher resale money, where mods may actually reduce your sales price!!!