View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #25
23109VC

last night i had a chance to listen to sd_boxster's car in person.

I took some quick videos of the sound and when time permits I'lll try to upload them. I have to say the sound was pretty good. I would descibe the actual sound as being almost the same as stock in the WAY it sounds, just louder.

I've heard online/youtube clips of aftermarket exhausts, and some of the pedro systems and the sound of the car is "different". some of the pedro exhausts have what I would categorize as a "raspy" sound at higher rpm.

sd_boxsters car did not sound raspy at all. I got a chance to take a quick spin in his car, both with the top up and down. I never heard ANY resonance. When the top was up, I honestly had a hard time telling that the exhaust was ANY louder than stock while we were just cruising.

if you are outside of the car while the throttle is blipped, or the top is down and the car revved up toward redline, ,then there was a noticeably increase in the sound - but again, I'd say it was similar in overall sound to stock, just maybe 20% louder.

i like this because I honestly like how the boxster sounds, I just think it would be great if it was a bit louder.

I could tell it was louder and sounded better but it was NOT objectionable. You will not get dirty looks from the neighbors, and this would easily pass the all important "wife" test. I am almost certain my wife would not complain about this exhaust - which many of you will understand / appreciate.

I am now VERY tempted to try this on my car. I was staring up my exhasut pipe wondering how long of a drill bit I am going to need...as I have the older style welded on tip - it won't be quite as easy, but I still thinkI can do it. I can see the exhaust pipes inside there, I just need to figure out how far/how long of a drill bit I'd need and exactly what angle.

does anyone know if there is any difference internall between a 2000 muffler and the 2003 mufflers that are on crios' and sd_boxster's cars???

Last edited by 23109VC; 03-08-2009 at 12:09 PM.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote