View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
Viper5

Ok. I feel kinda dumb. When I stalled it, I was in dirt. The wheels dug into the ground and I am still new to this car and thought I was giving sufficient power but apparently I wasn't. I'm guessing thats why the oil light came on. Because I had a lot of rpms and the clutch was almost out, but it wasn't going anywhere. Can someone confirm that this is normal for the light to come on in this case?

Well I eventually put a bunch of rpms in and finally got it out. There is nothing wrong with the transmission (thankfully). However I still have the coolant light flashing. When I removed the coolant from the hose today, there was about 1 gallon that came out. I was reading the manual and it said that there is a total of 5.5 gallons in the system??? Thats crazy. When I filled it up today, I mixed the porsche coolant 50/50 with water and put it in the reservoir at the midpoint of min/max as stated in the manual.

The odd thing is when I went out for my first test ride and pulling over, the coolant was way above the max point. This is after I unscrewed the cap. Then when I got home and drove it out again and got stuck. I checked it and it was empty! Then I unscrewed the cap and it came back up to the point of normality. Then when I got it out of the ditch and parked it in the driveway, I checked again and unscrewed the cap and it's empty again! With the cap unscrewed, why does it change from normal (first starting up) to above max (after stopped for overheating) to normal (after getting stuck) to empty (parking it in driveway)?

After removing the hose and catching about a gallon in the bucket, I filled up the reservoir up to the midpoint and it took about half a gallon. How am I supposed to correctly fill up the coolant level when the reservoir will only take a fraction of the total capacity?

Last edited by Viper5; 03-07-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote