View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 01:10 AM   #14
CA_Boxster

I bought a powered sub in an enclosure that went about 7" deep and there's no way I could have put it behind the seat and had enough legroom (I'm 5'8"). I gave up. The best I've seen is the passenger footwell approach and a quality one (i.e., solid and mathching the car's interior as if it's meant to be there) can be had and installed with a good 7" or 8" sub for about $700. It takes less space than you'd think because it can be angled into the corner.

I think there would be room for a 4" setup behind my seat, though, as long as it doesn't have to be enclosed in anything deeper than that. I wouldn't mess with that access panel, but you may be able to fabricate some sort of bracket that will hold the sub in place without attaching it to the panel. You might be able to attach it to the floor somehow.

I know this is a moderately stupid idea, but you could possibly just shove it in the seat pocket. Yes, that takes away some of the sound, but a 12" sub in a little Boxster has enough to spare, and at those frequencies a little muffling won't kill it. At $100 a pop, just buy 2

Last edited by CA_Boxster; 04-20-2005 at 01:17 AM.
CA_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote