Thread: Eibach springs?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp987
Maybe it is my confusion, but the pic for the bump steer toe link shows 1 link, but for the regular toe link it shows both links. It would be nice to get more for less, but I kinda doubt it.
Wow, good catch. You are absolutely right! The text says you need 2 of the bump steer links per car, so that lower price is PER toe arm, not for a pair. The other price for the regular arms is for a pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiteweb
Thanks for all the advise I did not think that 1 1/4 inches lower would cause the need for so many extra parts.
You don't really "NEED" the toe arms. Again, that's only if you're really worried about tire wear. Remember this is just a suggestion if you want things perfect. I think ~95% of the guys lowering their Boxsters are not buying these toe arms. I didn't have them with lowering springs and I don't have them now with coil overs. Mostly if you race a lot, really lower the car with coil overs, and want to get the alignment perfect is when you'd want to have the toe arms.

The one thing you do NEED after you install lowering springs is a four wheel alignment.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote