View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
JMP

High Mileage Boxster

Hello Everyone, I recently decided to purchase a used Boxster to re-build and put a custom body kit on it that a friend of mine makes for a hobby. I have re-built many, many sports cars in my life as it has been a lifelong passion of mine. My question is: I wanted to buy the cheapest Boxster I could find and din't really care what the cosmetic condition of the car was like. I found a very nice 99 Regular Boxster with the Triptronic nearby with about 117,000 miles on it. It came with all the maintenance manuals and it appears that it was regularly maintained by different Porsche Dealers. I paid less than $8,000 for it. It runs and drives absolutely perfectly!! It needs some cosmetic work of course, like a new top and seat upholstery along with a paint job but even the old paint is outstanding but has small scratches and rock chips in it plus I will need to paint the body kit so this is no big deal. But I have read many stories about engine failures in these cars and now I am worried. It seems like from what I have read that my engine WILL fail at some point so I wan't to know that with the high mileage, NO leaks (I use Amsoil), and NO problems at all, will this likely happen? I would like to hear from some people who have high milage Boxsters without any engine problems as there are enough posts concerning engine failures - I want to know how many there are still running good that have not had any real problems or if I am just really lucky or am sitting on a "Time Bomb" so to speak. Thank you all very much, Jerry

Last edited by JMP; 01-28-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Mis-spelled words
JMP is offline   Reply With Quote