View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #112
ppbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by salerno501
Based on my experience, an indy shop does not exist in Miami for a Porsche car. I will be happy to explain, but I promise, I have spent the time and money to know they are not qualified.

After my failed attempts to find a good indy guy, I went to the dealership here. Yes, their labor is more expensive but they were able to fix the problem I was having. They fixed it and for a lot less than the other guys when you look at total cost and not just per hour labor.

In Miami, the only place to take a Porsche, is the Collection in Coral Gables. If anyone is interested in the places not to go, I would be happy to provide the names, but I don't want to blast anyone in public. It may be that I was the only one to have problems with them.

I cannot tell you how happy I am that my check engine light is gone for good (I hope!)

James

James, you said you were new to the area, so how can you make such a blanket statement?
Just like in any region of the Country there are qualified and not-so-qualified Porsche Shops.
I happen to consider myself one of the former.
There are also a few more that I highly respect and a few that I would steer away from.
I'd be happy to consult (for free) with you if you have the desire.
I can also provide you with references.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro