View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
JackG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wilson
Just a thought, when you spoke to the dealer, how serious were you about buying THAT DAY? Did you make an agressive offer and he turned you down? I only ask because I've had much the same response as you did, but I wasn't ready to buy, and just trying to test the waters. It's probably not hard for them to "read" a prospective buyer, and determine if they're serious or not.
Steve
They knew that I was willing to buy that day. The salesman was a friend of a friend, and was very straight with me. He pointed out that they would not be keeping the Boxster, and he said he would tell me how much they would get from the phone call they were making to their wholesaler. Once the offer came back so low, we were simply too far apart to keep going.

On another stop at the Audi dealer, I got a much better offer. Only problem was, I didn't like the A4 I was interested in, not enough power (turbo 4) and the back seat is almost useless. They also had an S4 (340 hp 6 speed) that I went to look at, but it was a smoker's car and and the dash was partially apart looking like they were chasing an electrical gremlin. No thanks.
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote