View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #10
gregdacat

Got back from Miami yesterday. Had a great time. I did not get much site-seeing in. Between the game, pre-game festivities and visiting in-laws not much time left for anything else. We did eat out one night at a little greek mom and pop dinner in Fort Lauderdale named Peter Pan's Dinner and Bakery. The food was really good, but everyone from the waitress, to the hostess, to the cashier acted like they were pi$$ed off at the world.

Dolphin stadium was very nice. Very state of the art. I think their jumbo-tron had a better picture then my home TV set. Much nicer than Paul Brown stadium in the Nati. (But then when you only have one winning season in 20 years you don't deserve a nice stadium) Doobie brothers were okay. Although it would be nice for just one of these bowl games to have half time entertainment by someone other than a has been 80's group. I hear the national championship game is going to have Bruce Springsteen. I also hear after the show he is going to set his walker on fire.

Drove the Boxster. 2300 miles in 5 days. Top down in FL. No RMS leaks. No IMS implosions. Made drving all those hours alot more fun than driving the wife's jeep would have been. I spent less than $150 for gas for the entire trip.

It was 75 degrees out. People in FL were bundled up complaining about how cold it was. I told them hey it was 25 at home count your blessings. That being said it was good to be home. Newport was 45 and sunny yesterday. I would rather have that in Jan. than a muggy 75. I need a break from the humidity and heat.

Thanks for all the advice. Maybe next time the Bearcats can bring back a victory.

Last edited by gregdacat; 01-04-2009 at 08:49 AM.
gregdacat is offline   Reply With Quote