View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #15
23109VC

the painstscratch.com instructions say that I shoudl apply a couple coats of paint, let it dry 24 hours, and then "wet sand" the basecoat once, then apply the last light coat.... then clearcoat.

i've seen NO ONE here say they wet sanded anything. did you guys do this? I was under the impression, assuming i let each coat dry long enough (this stuff looks like it dries pretty quick - 15-20 min per coat) I can just paint it, and then clear it all in the same day.

with paint - i don't want to rush anything, but it's not like my car has a perfect paint job...i have little marks here/there...so I don't want to go overboard and do a bunch of steps that would be needed on a brand new 911 turbo....but on my 2000 boxster with IMPERFECT paint - is just a big fat waste of time and a PITA...

i'm in themiddle of my project. just put on two good coats. i have 1000 grit paper. i'm thinking of justg lightly sanding with 1000, adding the last coat of paint, then clear coating....

or I can be anal and follow the directions to the letter - and let it sit overnight as is - then wet sand it tomorrow and clear it tomorrow.

what say you all?
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote