View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 08:31 AM   #32
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
I just find it to be so hiliarous that every other week someone will make a thread in the forum about Vettes. No Ferraris, Aston Martins, Lotuses. NoooooOOOOooo, I want a Vette!!! :dance:

Week after that, someone will make a thread about they're so worried their engine will blow up.

Rinse, repeat. Rinse, repeat.

I propose to Brucelee that every week we should have IMS Tuesdays, RMS Wednesdays and Vette Thursdays. Just to organize things a bit ya know. :dance:

If someone is looking for a toy / performance / sports type of car used Corvettes and used Boxsters are priced closely to eachother, thus the posts. Ferraris, Aston Martins, Lotuses are simply in another league. For me what gets old are the cliche comments about Corvette owners (grey hair, balding, gold chain wearing, redneck, etc.) and the regurgitation of what some rag wonk had to say about the lack of suppleness on the C6's dash feel. They are simply two very different cars and should be appreciated for their own merits. I know it is usually done in jest but to snidely categorize a group of car owners is in my opinion poor form.

BTW...I forgot to ad that my personal hero is Smiling Bob...............Happy New Years!!!!!!!!

Last edited by coreseller; 12-31-2008 at 08:45 AM.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote