View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 07:41 AM   #20
Rick V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Rick V,

Hmmmm...lets see, your dad was a Porsche technician and your a Porsche technician. And you bought a Boxster with, I'm sure, the knowledge of IMS failures. I feel better about my purchase now, thank you.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you shouldn't take comfort in my purchase. I will point out that I don't pay retail for factory parts, I don't have to pay for diagnosis, nor do I pay labor. It is one of the perks of the wretched life I have cornered myself into, I can drive cars that would otherwise be out of my range of buying and maintaining. Case and point, I just replaced the water pump on the Boxster, with a factory unit, grand total, $150.
These cars are very easy to buy, the trick is being able to keep them, and keep them properly. That is why I recommend buying a car with cash and not having to budget the cost of the car. Save that for the repairs.
P.S. I prefer the title of mechanic to tech. For the following reasons, I don't like giving lofty titles to average jobs, and a mechanic can still repair things I am not a huge fan of total unit replacement. I am an old man in a young mans field.
Go Army

Last edited by Rick V; 12-28-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Rick V is offline   Reply With Quote