View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 01:44 AM   #15
csu15919

When did you decide you wanted one?

-that kind of a loaded question for me...i've been a car fanatic ever since the 6th grade. sports cars have always been my thing, and i NEVER thought i'd see the day i'd own a porsche...it was just one of those dreams. i was actually out shopping for a BMW 330 when i stumbled across a boxster. after i saw the boxster they had, I WAS HOOKED!

How long did it take to finally purchase it?

-i bought one about 4 days after the story above^

How old where you then, and now?

-i was 23 at the time...i'm 25 now

Is there anything you would have done differently?

-i probably would've done a little more research on "common failures" and what they cost. although, i did have a nice chunk of repair money stashed, i blew through it (yes...ON REPAIRS) within the first year or so (roughly $12k).

i also should've bought the car out-right, instead of financing (used that "slush" money i had for repairs). i do have equity in it (paid a nice size down payment), but i've gotten to the point (on 2 occassions) where i just wanted to sell it and get something else...it's just hard when there's a loan.

Quick word of advice for a young person trying to save for one?

-don't let your eyes get bigger than your wallet. DEFINITELY, keep in mind...REPAIRS ARE EXPENSIVE...EVEN IF YOU DO THEM YOURSELF. if you purchase a newer porsche...try to get a warranty/extended warranty. GOOD LUCK! i hope you get one!
csu15919 is offline   Reply With Quote