View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
Sputter

Hook up the wires first

Put the bolt/idler together and turn a few threads by hand. Place the alternator through the firewall with the bolt up around 2 o'clock or so, that way you should able to drop it into the cradel. Seat the short bolt end last.
It's basically reversed as the removal but easier. I don't have the torque settings for the bolts in front of me, sorry.

I don't know if you have an tip or not. Make sure you get the correct pulley on the alternator. Manuals trans use a clutch pulley.

Have fun with it.

oh yah, try to lay the wires flat in slots in the back of the alternator. ( same slots as you removed the wires) It'll make it easier rather having to force the wires to bend as you set the alternator in the cradel. You'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofidleness
update!!!!

a bit a swearing, a sandwich, an energy drink, and 2 long screwdrivers as "prybars"... hour of wiggling and struggling later, and out it came!

had it tested at O'Reillys and it failed.. so i had them order a rebuilt unit which will cost me $204 so it isn't too bad.. will hopefully have her back together in the next couple of days.

any tricks for reinstallation?

Last edited by Sputter; 12-15-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Sputter is offline   Reply With Quote