View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #13
AUDIOGUY

I have owned both. I had 2 M roadsters one a 2000 and a 2001. Both M roadsters were built like tanks. I had not one mechanical issue with either. The gear box was a dream.. the Stability Management was not intrusive. I sometimes find the PSM a little touchy. Power was excellent and easily pulled from my current 2001 S. Brakes were very good... although advantage to the Boxster S. Open air motoring.. I prefer the Porsche.. there is not much to compare the sound of the Box with the top down and foot in the pedal. Appearance, the M roadster has a face only a mother could love. I tend to stare more at my Box in the garage than I ever did at the BMW.

One important factor, I always felt confident that the BMW wouldnt break if I pushed it. I sometimes dont push the Porsche like I did with the BMW in fear that it will push back.

This posts timing is great... I have been trolling on Cars.com looking at 2001 through 2004 BMW M3 convertibles. I am seriously considering trading the Porsche in to pick up one of those.. I have seen at least a dozen low mileage cars with great options for 22 to 27k. I fell in love with the new M3 the first time I drove it at a Susan G. Komen drive. I am seduced by the power. I think at this point, I would move into the M3 ahead of a 996. We will see...

Anyway, I have no opinion on the new M roadster... I am not thrilled with the Z4 as a whole. I felt it didnt have that purest feel that I experienced in the M roadster.

Either car would be great!!

Best of luck!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote