View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #18
Lordblood

Thank you everyone, all of the posts have been very helpful!

Here's some more information about the issue: I am NOT working on it myself, way too much work to be doing, especially when I'm nearing finals week at school. So I'm getting an independent shop that does work on all European luxury brands (BMW, Merc, Porsche, etc.). I have no idea if this mechanic is experienced with Boxster RMS leaks, perhaps I can get another shop that does work on only Porsches and Ferrari's to look at it? (they charge a whole lot more, a flat rate of 90 bucks an hour for labor I hear).

I've had this car for 5 months now, and the previous owner said this was the original clutch, which means it now has around 92k miles on it. I haven't done a 90k service yet, so I guess this is a good opportunity to get that done as well. The big problem I'm having is that we need that Porsche as a daily driver, otherwise 2 people will be missing school/work. So we need to work that out, maybe a rental car is needed.

EDIT: oops, almost forgot, there IS a slight seepage from the RMS, just wanted to point that out.
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote