View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:28 AM   #12
edevlin

"Can someone with gt3 seats comment on their comfort level in regards to long drives? Especially for us 40's guys with sensitive backs."

I got a set of OEM GT3 seats and when I first installed them they seemed to be the same height as the factory seats. I have a long waist and so sit a little too tall in the saddle with factory seats. I got the Brey Kraus brackets for the GT3 seats which are perfect, drops the seats a little and are setup at just the right angle of tilt for me.

GT3 seats for long rides are great for me, at least as good as factory seats. I have done several 3-4 hour drives no problem. I would think they would do well for longer drives as well. Only problem I have found with GT3 seats is that they are a pain to get into and out of. For me, I have slide the seats all the way back to get in or out of the car. They are also a bother to look behind you for backing up because of their width at the top. But I still think they are great.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote