View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
Perfectlap

oh boy that place is a zoo during big events. South Beach is just not well equipped to hold large numbers of people at one time. The biggest problem down there is parking. You really don't want to have your car down there unless you absolutely must. The other problem is that the night life venues are really on the small side. So they fill up quick and then you've got to deal with these ultra ridiculus bottle service rates to just to get in.
I was a crazy South Beach regular for years in the mid 90's and then it all became a little too mainstream and touristy. It went from being very European and to very hip hoppy and too many of the worst NY/NJ elements (think growing up Gotti). But there are still some great places. The action seems to have moved from Ocean Drive to Lincoln Road. I now avoid Ocean Drive althogether.

There's a few places I would say to check out. Joe's Stone Crab, Barton G, Pearl (upstairs from the Niki beach club), Sushi Samba (more than just Sushi) on Lincoln Drive, and maybe stop in for an overpriced drink at bar at Setai and the Delano (go late afternoon or early evening). A fun thing to do is to go on one of these amphibious Duck tours that pick up passengers on Collins and Lincon Road. Its like a tour bus for the first half but then they drive this thing right into the ocean and you sail around the celebrity homes.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote