View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
23109VC

all I wanted to know was that this was somewhat normal and not some impending sign of DOOM..

i freaking love this car. you know, it's not a new car, it's not the fastest car on the road, it sure as hell was not an *expensive* car, but damn sure it's one fun car! for what I paid - and what you can pick up a used boxster for these days - it just doens't get any better than this.

the only real drawback is this fear of IMS failure or some other motor issue that grenades the engine. honestly, if my motor goes, i'll probalby just sell the car for parts. no sense in dumping 15k into a car worth les than that.... if my car can keep on running - it will be the most fun car I could have bought for th emoney.l

i test drove s2ks, RX8s, even a new EVO X - nothign came close to the overall FUN I have in this boxster. people can call them wannabe 911s...whatever. this thing is a blast.

as long as it keep running, i can live with some shudder when i coast down past 3k. it's really not a big deal. i sure as hell am not goign to replace my clutch just yet to deal wtih this. my clutch grabs fine for now.

for a used car that i picked up for 13k, this thing is amazing!!!

thanks for the links and info. as long as this is just some vibration that is "normal" and not a sign that my motor is about to detonate - i'm going to happily keep on pulling her up to redline and enjoy the musical wail that gives me a grin from ear to ear....
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote