View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut2u
I don't have any answers or suggestions for you but I can tell you that I have the same tail lights and I have not experienced any issues.

Good luck, I hope you find the culprit.

^^^ +1, I've also got the Depo Auto Lights (they sell them but they don't make them BTW) with no problems. I've actually got mine re-wired so that the brakes also activate the rear fog lights on both sides (which are red, and bright) since I feel these lights are useless otherwise.

Honestly if they don't work, either go back to stock or throw them out and buy some new ones... They're cheap, chances are that they're not really repairable unless you want to get into the LED circuitry and try to trouble shoot the root cause of the problem. You've already identified that the root problem is inside the light itself (and specifically inside the black box that's probably a transformer for the LEDs).

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote