View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 06:38 AM   #1
RandallNeighbour

Hey buddy, can I borrow a buck?

For a couple of years, I've noticed that every village idiot who racks up credit card debt was putting up a web site and asking total strangers to pay them money to get out of debt... and total strangers indeed gave them money! One girl received $26,000 over the course of a year in the mid 90's. Simply unbelievable!

So, I decided that if I had a truly worthy cause (not the typical "I'm a financial idiot who has no self control) I would put up a web site myself to see if any total strangers would give me money for a Boxster!

I never expected to receive one thin dime from the site, but I've received one dollar donations from lots of friends, family members and just last month, a total stranger gave me $20, even though I clearly stated I had achieved my goal and now owned the car! He told me he just liked Boxsters and couldn't afford to drive one at his age (19) but wanted to give me a tank of gas and drive it with him in mind. (I'm still puzzled as to why ANYONE would give a total stranger $20, but nevermind, I've already put the fuel in the car!

http://www.iwantaporsche.net

Now before any of you get all high and mighty and chastise me in thread posting, know that this was just a JOKE! I never expected anyone to donate anything to my "most worthy cause."

But I will say this... I receive a lot of email through the site link telling me he or she laughed out loud reading the copy. (I must admit that's some of the best ad copy I've ever written...which is part of what I do for a living, by the way.)

Enjoy the site while it lasts, because I am sure I'll get a letter from PCA any day now telling me the use of their name in a web site address violates copyrights... in which case I'll just take it down because it does cost a little cash to keep online each year.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 04-08-2005 at 06:42 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote