View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
dja1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
I picked this up off another website...haven't tried it, as I have no need at this point, but always good to know.

"Aluma Look is " ALU 03 EFFECT " and is listed for trim etc.

Code is 4W9 and Dupont stock code is X1070"
That is great to know, and is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I went to went to a bunch of stores yesterday and test-sprayed a bunch of different brands/colors on a piece of cardstock to find the closest match. I found that RustOleum Bright Coat in the Metallic finish, Aluminum color (7715803) from Home Depot was nearly an identical match. I was hoping to find a matching color in the RustOleum Universal formula since it's made to work on plastic, but the Silver Metallic color in that formula was way too metallic looking. So, I had to spend a few bucks extra to purchase a can of RustOleum Plastic Primer to make the Bright Coat formula work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Have you considered just removing all the silver and enjoying an all-black shifter?

That's what I did and I think it looks great. I sat in front of the TV with a trash can and used my thumb nail to remove the silver. Took about 30 minutes, but didn't scratch the plastic.

Now I have a very unique shifter that never needs repainting again.
Thanks for the tip, but I think I'll stick to the original look. I'll have to post some pictures when I'm done.

Last edited by dja1980; 11-17-2008 at 09:03 AM.
dja1980 is offline   Reply With Quote