View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 12:42 AM   #27
Richard Truss

Send a message via AIM to Richard Truss
to read all these posts, you would think the reason we bought our boxster is because it fit our specific needs unlike any other car -- which i think we could all agree, in the price range for the boxster S (which i have) there are cars that are WAY faster, handle as good (or almost), are MUCH more practical, are FAR cheaper to maintain, are MUCH better on gas, are MUCH more comfortable -- the list goes on and on....

why did i buy my boxster S and never really gave ANY other car more than a passing thought? because -- to be blunt -- only a woman and a ferrari give me as much (or more) wood as a porsche. i love almost all porsches (save the 924). a porsche is a porsche -- and no merc, bimmer, Z06 or whatever will ever have the head-turning value and pure thrill of looking in and sitting in it as my boxster will.

the only drivers i envy are other porsche owners of my other favorite cars (968 and 993). bottom line is i love the handling, and i love the power, but those reasons came down the list for me -- it was all about looks, the badge, the heritage, and the car that everyone looks at. i have owned an E36 and a cherry impala SS (when they were actually rare) -- and im telling you, those cars never got any love from anyone. my porsche gets more attention that i would have ever imagined. but hey, its shallow -- but who am i fooling..... people love it for a reason -- a great car only a few of us are lucky enough to have. THATS why we buy these cars.

pardon the rant.